Sunday, December 12, 2010

Week 1

I have decided that the best way for me to consistently write in this is for me to do it weekly on Sunday evenings. If I write more, great, if not, at least I will be doing the minimum of weekly.


This week I somewhat started my training process. From the research I have done regarding training for a half marathon, all the schedules have individuals starting at a minimum of 3 miles. Well, I am not even to that point. Instead, I have decided to train as if I was trying for a 5k and found this handy, dandy schedule:


The Couch-to-5k Running Plan

 
Obviously, my long term goal is to run a half marathon by the beginning of May, but I think it is important to establish some short-term goals along the way. In order to have something more immediate to work towards, I have decided on running my first 5k at the end of January/beginning of February just depending on what is available that time of year! Once I have accomplished that goal, I would like to find a 10k to run towards the end of March, and then consistently train for the half!


Once I have a more concrete schedule of races, I will post my complete training and race schedule!


This weekend, I had the opportunity to participate in the Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis. My good friend, WH, was diagnoses with this a few years ago and it is something dear to her heart. She asked a group of us to participate in this with her back in September and I immediately jumped at the chance. While our group walked and enjoyed the time together, it was very inspiring and motivating to see all the runners as well. It just made me more excited to embark on this journey. Also, the more I discuss this with friends and family, the more excited I get and they become as well. It is great to know that I will have an overflowing amount of support during this exciting time!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment