Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Weeks 6-7

I have not been writing in this as religiously as I hoped and it is in due part to me not running as much as I should have been but didn't want to admit it!

So here I am, back at it again. I ran on Sunday without running for a week, pretty much, and, BOY could I tell! It was AWFUL!

There was really no reason for me not to run because I did have access to an indoor track. The weather was crappy (snow and really low temperatures!) and I was out of town for a large part of the week last week.

But then yesterday, I was able to run for 9 minutes straight without stopping! Now, this may seem like a small accomplishment for some, but this was HUGE for me! I just kept pushing myself and had a goal "landmark" in mind that I wanted to make it to and I was able to do it successfully! It actually makes me excited to to go running again to see how far I can make it without stopping! It was such a great feeling!

I really kicked myself because I am supposed to run a 5k on February 12 but due to my lack of training the past couple weeks, I am worried that I won't be ready. I am still going to participate, but I am hoping I can run the entire thing!

Writing in this blog, made me want to start a more personal blog that details events in my life. You can check it out at http://newlywedexperiment.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment